Opossum

So I"m coming home from work on Thursday night and as I pull into our drive, I notice an opossum walk up the stairs onto our front porch. My neighbor (retired Detroit Policeman) arrived home at the same time. I pointed out the varmint to him and he offered to take care of it himself (showing me his handgun tucked into his pants). This is actually reassuring to have that possibility available, but I declined to exterminate the animal, instead choosing to try to shoo him away myself. At the same time Kristen heard me talking and came to open the front door. Just as she was opening it, we yelled at her to stay inside as the possum was only three feet from the front door. I tried to shoo him away with a shovel, but it seemed he felt cornered and was ready to fight rather than run.
I entered through the back door that night. He joins the pheasant as our city wildlife zoo here on Pingree street.
Labels: wildlife

3 Comments:
ew, sick. i know what my response to that offer would have been! :)
3:16 PM
That's the nastiest picture I've ever seen! But, I just had a little giggle because it reminded me of the ones that we found in that garbage bag in Michelle's garage! EWW!
10:55 PM
Lovely. Hope there are lesser adventures awaiting you in the month of April!
6:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home