Random thoughts on life in the city of Detroit from a follower and servant of Christ.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

School Shooting

On Tuesday, about 4 hours after I finished walking the halls of the school, a 17 year old was shot in the school. The feud was between two non-students, but it got carried into the school building. There have been arrests and the injured boy seems to be recuperating.
Things were back to normal today, which I'm not sure is a good thing. Would it have been different if someone had been killed? What necessitates a crisis? Who cares?

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Kuperus said...

When I saw that on the news, I told Casey I thought that was your school. Praying that God will somehow use this situation for good and that it won't take a death to make an impact. Also praying that God will continue to use you in amazing ways at you serve Him there.

8:14 PM

 
Blogger rachel said...

When I was student teaching, one of my students got stabbed (not fatally), and I had the same thoughts...

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home