Fun on Pingree 2
So while Kristen was hosting her Bible Study Fellowship group for lunch today, the drug house on our street was raided by the police. Fortunately, it happened in such a way that it went unnoticed by the guests (mainly women from the suburbs). Now I need to make the call to the police station to thank them for their service.
In other news, I had the privilege of being in the middle of a fight at the high school today. I was just about ready to leave when I saw two girls arguing. I decided to step between them (maybe not a good idea) and their words became flesh as they crawled over me to get to each other. I might be on youtube later today since the fight drew a crowd of about 75 kids who crowded around and videotaped the entire thing on their cell phones. I managed to get out with only a small tear in my shirt. I proceeded to leave the school for a meeting, but I wonder if there were/will be paybacks or other flare ups later today. In contrast, I did have some good conversation with the usual gambling suspects today, so I still leave encouraged.
Labels: neighborhood, school

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home